Lenovo breidt samenwerking met SAP uit om nieuwe innovaties en oplossingen aan te bieden
Lenovo (HKSE: 992) kondigt vandaag aan dat het zijn samenwerking met SAP heeft uitgebreid. Zo laat Lenovo tijdens SAPPHIRE NOW 2016 zien dat het SAP S/4HANA ondersteunt met nieuwe initiatieven om SAP verder te ondersteunen voor betere prestaties en te zorgen voor een grotere flexibiliteit in data management. De volgende verbeteringen zullen worden doorgevoerd:
· Een nieuwe, slimme data-tiering oplossing voor SAP Business Warehouse dat draait op SAP HANA;
· Het verder uitbreiden van geheugen voor oplossingen die draaien op SAP HANA en gebruikmaken van systemen met nieuwe generatie Intel-processors;
· SAP, Samsung en Lenovo werken aan een toekomstgerichte visie om ingebouwde geheugenoplossingen verder te verbeteren.
Lenovo demonstreert ook nieuwe oplossingen die zij samen met CSC, Bluefin en iOLAP creëerden. Deze oplossingen richten zich op de behoeften van de klant voor de naleving, veiligheid, remote access en beoordeling van SAP S/4HANA.
Lenovo presenteert haar enterprise-oplossingen voor SAP-software tijdens SAPPHIRE NOW 2016 op stand #217.
Meer informatie kunt u vinden in het onderstaande Engelstalige persbericht.
Voor vragen kunt u contact opnemen met:
Text100 Global Communications
T: 020 530 4333
Indien u geen persberichten van Text100 meer wenst te ontvangen in de toekomst, kunt u een e-mail sturen aan unsubscribe.
Lenovo Deepens Alliance with SAP to Offer New Innovations, Solutions
· Advances capabilities for SAP HANA® in data warehousing, memory utilization, memory capacity
· Joins with CSC, Bluefin and iOLAP to showcase new solutions running on SAP HANA
· Highlights hyperconverged solutions for SAP Business Suite applications running on SAP NetWeaver®
ORLANDO, FL. – May 18, 2016 – Lenovo (HKSE: 992) today marked several important milestones in its deepening alliance with SAP, which was announced by the two companies in January. At SAPPHIRE® NOW, Lenovo showcased advancements in data warehousing in the SAP HANA® database, expanded memory capability for SAP® S/4HANA, and a future look at memory utilization, while demonstrating three new solutions based on SAP HANA that were created jointly with CSC, Bluefin and iOLAP. In addition, Lenovo highlighted the emerging benefits of its alliance with Nutanix by demonstrating the web-scale features and capabilities of its HX Series hyperconverged solutions for SAP Business Suite applications running on the SAP NetWeaver® technology platform.
Data Warehousing and Memory Innovations
At SAPPHIRE NOW 2016, Lenovo announced new initiatives intended to enable even higher performance to support larger SAP S/4HANA applications and provide greater flexibility in data management. The two companies showcased the following advancements at the event:
· A new, smart data-tiering solution for SAP Business Warehouse on SAP HANA that manages “warm” data. The new solution enables assignment of an extension node, which allows customers to add more systems to their clusters and gain cost-effective access to larger amounts of data, thereby driving improved analytics performance.1
· Expanded memory support for solutions running on SAP HANA using systems with next-generation Intel processors. This advanced capability will provide 33 percent more memory for SAP S/4HANA solutions. Lenovo intends to support up to eight-socket, 8TB configurations with new systems integrating Intel next-generation processors and SAP HANA SPS12. This innovation will enable customers to expand their SAP S/4HANA footprint and deliver the faster, more responsive data access needed to drive their digital enterprises.
· SAP, Lenovo and Samsung highlighted a forward-looking vision of in-memory systems that will leverage 128GB memory technology to unleash further performance advancements, as well as new levels of scalability and optimal in-memory solutions. These types of systems will be particularly productive for large transactional and data-driven workloads.
New Solutions at SAPPHIRE NOW 2016
Lenovo also joined with global integrators CSC, Bluefin and iOLAP at SAPPHIRE NOW 2016 to demonstrate jointly created solutions based on SAP HANA. These offerings address client needs for compliance, security, remote access and assessment of SAP S/4HANA, respectively. In addition, Lenovo also joined with Nutanix to highlight Lenovo’s leading HX hyperconverged solutions for SAP Business Suite applications running on SAP NetWeaver. Lenovo’s exhibit at SAPPHIRE NOW included the following demonstrations:
· CSC cybersecurity services have been trusted by clients for over 40 years because they give them the confidence to secure their operations. CSC offers a solution combining Lenovo x86 servers utilizing SAP S/4HANA, SAP HANA and Cyber Security with Greenlight to reduce security and regulatory compliance risks with the simplicity of automated processes.
· Bluefin’s solution highlights new IoT and wrist to cloud capability to bring data from various sources and integrate into SAP HANA. The offering will help customers build a resilient environment that supports real-time data access and predictive analytics from multiple sources such as Lenovo YOGA tablets and ThinkPad laptops.
· Lenovo and iOLAP demonstrated how they will provide customers with end-to-end implementation services for SAP HANA, from jumpstart and assessment to full migrations and design optimization. The two companies will provide high-touch, end-to-end services that help customers accelerate their programs for SAP HANA. These services will leverage the iOLAP jumpstart assessment offering for SAP HANA, which better enables customers to determine their needs utilizing a proprietary TCO and sizing optimization model, as well as a customized deployment approach.
· Lenovo showed its Converged HX Series hyperconverged solutions running workloads in SAP Business Suite applications. These bring the benefits of web-scale infrastructure to customers using SAP Business Suite. They deliver the performance, simplicity and efficiency by containing the data footprint and managing storage virtually through a single interface.
Lenovo is showcasing its enterprise solutions for SAP software during SAPPHIRE NOW 2016 at booth #217. SAPPHIRE NOW and the ASUG Annual Conference are the world’s premier business technology event and largest SAP customer-run conference, offering attendees the opportunity to learn and network with customers, SAP executives, partners and experts across the entire SAP ecosystem.
Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is a $46 billion global Fortune 500 company and a leader in providing innovative consumer, commercial, and enterprise technology. Our portfolio of high-quality, secure products and services covers PCs (including the legendary Think and multimode YOGA brands), workstations, servers, storage, smart TVs and a family of mobile products like smartphones (including the Motorola brand), tablets and apps. Join us on LinkedIn, follow us on Facebook or Twitter (@Lenovo) or visit us at www.lenovo.com.
- Available with SAP HANA SP12 release and BW7.5 SP01 or higher
SAP, SAPPHIRE, SAP NetWeaver, SAP HANA and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE (or an SAP affiliate company) in Germany and other countries. See http://www.sap.com/corporate-en/legal/copyright/index.epx for additional trademark information and notices.
All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.